Amherst Tax Fraud Defense Attorney
Tax fraud is a serious violation that could not only empty your accounts from hefty penalties but could also send you to jail for years. So if you believe you are being accused and investigated for tax fraud, the best thing to do is to contact a Amherst tax fraud defense lawyer right away.
Defense Tax Partners is a trusted law firm that could assign your case to one of our world-class defense attorneys. Both federal and state tax laws are our areas of expertise, and we are always up to the task of clearing your name against tax fraud accusations.
Whether the tax return in question is for your individual or business tax responsibilities, we are capable of employing defense strategies that are specific to your situation. Regardless of how complicated your case may be, we can help mitigate the penalties or possibly dismiss your charges altogether!
Call Defense Tax Partners at (414) 441-1407 for your Free Consultation with a Amherst Tax Fraud Defense lawyer!
Why Hire a Tax Fraud Defense Attorney
Facing fraud accusations without an experienced defense attorney can almost never end well. This is especially true if the fraud is committed against the government itself. Both the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue are relentless in investigating and prosecuting those who allegedly committed tax fraud.
Your financial records and the submitted information will be cross-referenced against the data collected from your lenders, employer, stockbrokers, etc. They aim to look for “badges” or indicators of tax fraud.
These badges include:
- Understatement of income
- Failure to file tax returns
- Inadequate or unorganized records
- Concealment of assets
- Improbable or inconsistent reasons for behavior
- Inability to explain a significant increase in net worth over the years
- Cash transactions
- Concealment of receipt sources
- Overstated deductions
- Reporting trust fund loans as expenses or deductions
- Falsifying receipts to donors by exempt organizations
- Involvement in illegal activities
If the IRS finds any error in your tax return, it’s not the end yet. Our Amherst tax fraud defense lawyer can help you present evidence that the error was committed without any fraudulent intent. We can also negotiate on your behalf so you can avoid the following civil penalties of tax fraud:
- Deliberate failure to file a return – 15% penalty of your monthly net tax due (up to 5 months) with a maximum penalty of 75% of your overall unpaid tax
- Deliberate filing of fraudulent return – 75% penalty of your entire tax debt balance
The following criminal penalties can also be avoided with the help of our defense lawyers:
- Deliberate failure to file a return, to fully pay your taxes, or to keep sufficient records – maximum one-year imprisonment and up to $25,000 fine for individuals and $100,000 for corporations
- Tax evasion – maximum five-years imprisonment and up to $100,000 fine for individuals and $500,000 for corporations
Your Wisconsin Tax Fraud Defense Attorneys
Defense Tax Partners knows that being accused of tax fraud can be terrifying. Although the best thing to do in order to avoid this whole scenario is to pay close attention to the details of your filed tax returns, there is still hope even if you’re already facing tax fraud accusations.
Our Amherst tax fraud defense lawyer will help establish proof that any error on your return is a result of an honest mistake. We can also prove that although the mistake was deliberate, it was done without your knowledge—by your tax return preparer or attorney, for example.
And since we understand that the whole process can be stressful, we would personally handle all the dealings with the IRS as much as possible. We will assess the kind and severity of the allegations you face and the evidence we have to nullify them. We will then give you a clear expectation on what could happen next, as well as the possible penalties that you may face.
Let’s Talk – Compassionate Legal Advice
It’s never good to have a tax fraud case on your record. Aside from the fact that the penalties can significantly affect your finances, the charge can ruin your reputation and lead to lost opportunities.
So, as soon as you get a notice for a tax auditing, work with our defense lawyers immediately.
Call Defense Tax Partners now at (414) 441-1407 for your Free Consultation with a Amherst Tax Fraud Defense lawyer!